Sunday, January 23, 2011

Teaching Philosophy


          I believe that the most important part of the teacher’s job is to provide psychological support for his or her students.  By this, I mean that one should make them feel comfortable. When children see that someone really cares about them, then they are willing to give their best in school. The most natural way to achieve this is to develop a good relationship with the class. 
         I would have as much interaction in recitations so that the students will feel involved personally.  I would let the children know that I am there for them personally as well as giving them extra help with their class work.
         My job as a teacher is not just to teach them the lesson, but to make sure that they understand the lesson by asking and answering questions.  I would tell the children that nothing comes easy but hard work does pay off. I need to make the students feel good and encourage them about their progress, no mater how small or how big their progress is.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that once students realize that we care about their development, they'll want to give their best, but I think it's important to make sure they also know that it's okay to make mistakes and fail. The important thing is to learn from their mistakes and to keep trying. Good post!

    ReplyDelete